Will have a listen for you.
72
Johnny ACØBQ

On Thu, Mar 3, 2022 at 4:32 PM KD4MSR, Scott via groups.io <scottsikes=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
Dear 4 State QRP Group Members: I've done lots of portable ops while hiking, bicycling Missouri's fantastic KATY Trail, camping, overlanding, etc. over the years; but, I'm finally doing a real Parks On The Air ("P.O.T.A.") activation this weekend. I'll be camping lakeside at Georgia Veterans State Park (POTA K-2181) on Lake Blackshear near Cordele in Southwest Georgia (where it'll be 80F in the daytime and 60F at night). Here are the details. I'll operate occasionally, casually, on both CW and SSB on 80, 40, 30, 20 meters, around the QRP CW and SSB calling frequencies, around the 4SQRP CW net freqs, around the SKCC frequencies, and wherever I can find a clear freq. from 8pm EST/7pm CST, Friday, March 4 (that's UTC Saturday, March 5, beginning 00:00) until and ending about 10am EST/9am CST, Sunday, March 6 (that's UTC Sunday, March 6, 15:00). Please look for me on the POTA spotting website and other spotting sites. 73 AR SK DE KD4MSR, Scott, "Professor L. O. Power," a 4SQRP-er living in exile about one ionosphere hop away HO HO/HI HI

--
Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

OwlCricker - K7ULM

P.L.O.P., FB will be eagerly waiting.  Which rig will you be using?
Bayou Jumper,  Hill Topper, Cricket?

KD4MSR, Scott

K7ULM, OwlCricker: Although I love modern versions of WWII paraset-style rigs, I sadly don’t have a lovely 4SQRP Bayou Jumper in a wooden case nor a sleek minimalist 4SQRP Cricket, and I’m thinking I’ll have to use a “one rig to rule them all” (that’s all bands and all modes—and apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien) kind of rig to save space in my gear—so probably my ol’ Yaesu FT-857D with a narrow CW filter onboard. I can run 5 W on CW and 10 W on phone. I may use a W3EDP true Zeppelin-style end-fed antenna. KD4MSR, Scott, ol’ Professor L. O. Power

On Mar 3, 2022, at 5:50 PM, OwlCricker - K7ULM <dickw299@...> wrote:

P.L.O.P., FB will be eagerly waiting.  Which rig will you be using?
Bayou Jumper,  Hill Topper, Cricket?

John - KK4ITX

I’ll give a listen for you but suggest you post to the 4S Spotter especially when changing bands so we can find you….. it’s a big world out there !

John
KK4ITX
Zephyrhills

🙃Each mistake is a learning opportunity.🙂

On Mar 3, 2022, at 6:22 PM, KD4MSR, Scott via groups.io <scottsikes@...> wrote:

K7ULM, OwlCricker: Although I love modern versions of WWII paraset-style rigs, I sadly don’t have a lovely 4SQRP Bayou Jumper in a wooden case nor a sleek minimalist 4SQRP Cricket, and I’m thinking I’ll have to use a “one rig to rule them all” (that’s all bands and all modes—and apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien) kind of rig to save space in my gear—so probably my ol’ Yaesu FT-857D with a narrow CW filter onboard. I can run 5 W on CW and 10 W on phone. I may use a W3EDP true Zeppelin-style end-fed antenna. KD4MSR, Scott, ol’ Professor L. O. Power

On Mar 3, 2022, at 5:50 PM, OwlCricker - K7ULM <dickw299@...> wrote:

P.L.O.P., FB will be eagerly waiting.  Which rig will you be using?
Bayou Jumper,  Hill Topper, Cricket?

--
John, KK4ITX       # 1603