QRP Skeeter Hunt on again August 21st 2022

Steve Everley

Here is a great Nation Wide / World Wide QRP Event coming up on Sunday August 21st.

The New Jersey QRP Club is announcing the 10th Annual " Skeeter Hunt".  The objective is to get QRPers out of their shacks for the day; and into the fresh air and sunshine, to spread their wings and fill the airwaves with "Skeeters".  While commercial equipment can certainly utilized, bonus points will be awarded for those who personally home brewed their own or kit built their own equipment (equipment not built by the operator would not count as either home brewed or kit built - it would be considered commercial equipment).

This year, the event is to be held on Sunday August 21st, 2022.  It will be a four hour sprint - from 17:00 UTC to 21:00 UTC (1:00 TO 5:00 PM EDT).

QRP stations who wish to be designated as "Skeeters" can get a Skeeter number by requesting one by sending an e-mail, no sooner than June 21st to w2lj@...
You do not have to operate portable to be a Skeeter!  Please let me know if you intend to operate from a state other than your home state as listed on QRZ.
Skeeter numbers will be issued from June 21st (the First Day of Summer)
through the day before the event. August 20th..  Go Get Your Number...!!!

Information on the event with more details can be seen at :   https://www.qsl.net/w2lj/

As of this posting there are only 168 people registered as Skeeters, so please register and get a number,
IT'S TOTALLY FREE and only requires an email being sent to the address included in the above note.
You get more points by contacting another Skeeter..  So we need a real SWARM of them out there...

BTW - Don't take any "OFF" bug spray with you on the outing,
you need to use plenty of "ON" as you want to get BIT by other skeeters...

Don't forget to self spot or spot others at  "  http://qrpspots.com  "

Steve Everley   KC0VYS  -  In Overland Park, Kansas  -  Skeeter # 112
Look for me on 20m & 40m  SSB  in the 14.270-290mhz   &  7.270-290mhz

AA4K-Jamie Lilly

I will be at the Huntsville hamfest, but also operating from monte sano state park in the afternoon and evening. Skeeter #52.
Looking forward to it!
Jamie AA4K

On Aug 11, 2022, at 8:24 AM, Steve Everley <KC0VYS@...> wrote:

[...]

Skeeter_Hunt_Logo_300dpi_TRANSback _1_.jpg