Topics

Question Related to My NS40 Transmitter

Bobby Drummond

Will the IRF510 in the NS40 transmitter by 4States handle 24 volts DC in the final of the transmitter safely?

If I add a 12 or 15 volt regulator in series with the 2N7000 oscillator transistor (to keep the voltage on it lower than the final's new voltage) and supply 24 volts to the IR510 circuit, will it handle the extra voltage?

I assume it might need a better heat sink if so.  I would also insert a DC switching circuit in series with the power to the transmitter so I would only be switching low voltage and low current DC voltage to effect the same thing as direct key switching.

What would be the approximate power output from the transmitter be in that case?

--
73 de AK4JA