Sent: Friday, March 22, 2013 1:33 PM
Subject: Re: [4sqrp] PigRig Resistor Values - epilogue

Joe Bento

On 3/22/2013 2:51 PM, Phil Anderson wrote:

Hello Bill,

Just read your post a-la PigRig Resistor Values........and noted that you like music and electronics. This is not a surprise and I suspect is quite common. I have often heard it said - given that parallel of interests - that was why IBM (back when I was there in the 1960s) hired musicians and trained them as system programmers. It was hinted that they could see the big picture of the whatever programming system was at hand.

There are lots of bins we can put ourselves in including: the fact gatherer type and the sees relationships folks. Some used to call them the "associative" memory quants! For example, "I see that," and that leads me to something else...or triggers another memory. Fun stuff.

Uncle Phil, W0XI

Interesting post.  I enjoy music as well, and play guitar.  I also have built several vacuum tube guitar amps. (Is there any other kind?)  Makes for a nice merger of hobbies.

Joe, N6DGY