From: "GeorgeG" <w2bpi1@...>
To: <4sqrp@...>
Sent: Friday, March 08, 2013 10:20 AM
Subject: [4sqrp] Return to Piggy saga

| Thot my problem was solved. The next day I agn got a report I was xmitting all
over the 40 meter band. Listen on my KX3 and sure enough my troubles are back.
Connect dummy load. Still the same. Change keyer to straight key mode and viola
now only xmitting on 7030.7. Go bk to using paddles and all OK. Turn rig off and
reconnect ant, and turn on rig. Now am all over the band. Switch to straight key
mode and all is Ok. So now go back to using keyer with paddles and all Ok. Try
turning rig off and on. Agn I must go to straight key first and then to paddles.
So something in the key line is causing this! Rats I hate to have to remove it
again from the enclosure! 72 George/W2BPI

David Martin <davemrtn@...>

!! Quick fix might be running straight key 100% of the time, and put an AA0ZZ EZKeyer between the paddles and piggy.

Remember, we can't make a silk purse from a sow's ear... hi hi

--
David Martin - K5DCM ---o0o---
Mountain Home, Arkansas