Topics

Return to Piggy saga

George H. Gates

Thot my problem was solved. The next day I agn got a report I was xmitting all over the 40 meter band. Listen on my KX3 and sure enough my troubles are back. Connect dummy load. Still the same. Change keyer to straight key mode and viola now only xmitting on 7030.7. Go bk to using paddles and all OK. Turn rig off and reconnect ant, and turn on rig. Now am all over the band. Switch to straight key mode and all is Ok. So now go back to using keyer with paddles and all Ok. Try turning rig off and on. Agn I must go to straight key first and then to paddles. So something in the key line is causing this! Rats I hate to have to remove it again from the enclosure! 72 George/W2BPI