S4 tuner

Bob Parr

Sorry if this shows up twice.  First time didn't look like it went through...

Okay, I have used my S4 tuner many times with the only issue being the red LED didn't usally go dark. Well I pulled out the S4 for the BJ London calling event and it didn't work. No spot on the inductor gave ANY lights, and it seems there is no signal coming out of the tuner. Tuner feeds a MFJ tuner that I use as a power meter when using the S4.

Any ideas where to start looking?

Johnny AC0BQ

Ge Bob
My experience with repairing a couple of these is the switch is probably bad.

The one I repaired had been too hot and was intermittent.

Just a guess?
72
Johnny

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Bob Parr

T Hank you both.  I happen to have a dpdt of about the same size.  Will try to swap it out tonight.  I'll let you know how it goes.

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Bob Parr

With it in circuit, I did check the continuity (I know circuit components can may this less than perfect) but the switch did seem to be working.  Both poles in both positions.

Other thoughts?  I can swap out the switch, but I don't want to waste time if that is not the problem.

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Timothy East

My switch was intermittent. Sometime is worked and other times it did not. When it did not it seemed as though there was the tuner had no affect on the signal. Why because it did not.
Very irritating and without Johnny’s help, I would not have been able to correct the issue.

Wish I could help you more. Best of luck.

Tim
K0EMP

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Bob Parr

My issue turned out to be the red LED was bad.  Now I am going to try to add the pot, since my red never goes out.

Bob

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com