Topics

S Meter circuit or power out circuit for the Bayou Jumper

KY6R

I will be building a Bayou Jumper and Souper Upper soon - and would like to add a meter - either an S meter or a power out meter. I'm guessing power out would be easier - but am not sure. This doesn't have to be perfectly accurate - its for "show" - to have a needle move either for RX or TX.

I guess since its crystal controlled and I will most likely use it to demo on just one or two nearby frequencies - maybe a circuit for the S meter would be best. Even if the circuit is a tap off the audio amp - something to move an old meter - that would be cool.

I'm a software guy - and while I have done a lot of maker projects - and kit projects - I have never designed a circuit before - so I would appreciate some help.

73,

Rich
KY6R

Jeff, K9JP

Greetings Rich - KY6R,

Might I suggest you look up field strength meter circuit on google.  The field strength meters is a simple build and will show you are transmitting during key down.

Hope this helps.

72, de Jeff K9JP

--
Not all of me will die - - - The good I do will live forever.  Jeff, K9JP<><

KY6R

Thanks Jeff - fantastic idea. I have built field strength meters before - and can use the same circuit again - and keep its antenna as a wire "close" to the tuner. I have the QRPGuys EFHW tuner kit - that would supplement the Bayou Jumper and Souper Upper nicely.

73 and Happy Hoidays!

Rich
KY6R