Topics

Second Sunday Sprint Results for June

John Lonigro

Participation was down for June - only 9 entries.  I guess with more states loosening up restrictions, not as many of us are staying home anymore.  Regardless, we did have a new participant: Brian (KB9BVN) from New Whiteland, IN.  Welcome Brian!  I hope you become a regular in the 4SQRP Second Sunday Sprint.

The June winner was Chas, W2SH, with 16 QSO points, followed by Glenn, N4MJ, with 14.  Tied for third place were Nick, WB5BKL, and Carl, AA5VE (good call), with 12 points each.  Chas will receive his June certificate shortly.

With the June contest behind us, we've reached the halfway point for 2020.  Leading the pack for the year is Chas, W2SH, with 97 points, followed by John K4BAI with 75 points and Nick WB5BKL with 63.  Any of the first six or eight participants has a good chance of catching up with Chas or at least finishing in the top three.  Recall that the three top finishers at the end of the year will all receive certificates.

I hope everyone has a good Field Day, as least as good as possible this year.  Have a good July 4th as well.

72 until July 12,

John, AA0VE
4SQRP Contest Coordinator