Topics

Second Sunday Sprint Results

John Lonigro

In September, we had 14 SSS participants, which I thought was very good, until October came around.  This month, we had 16 participants, which is close to a record, which is 17 for 2020.  I don't know the reason for the sudden upsurge in participation, but I'm not complaining.  Maybe the pandemic is making everyone bored.

The winner this month, with 24 QSO points, is Nick Nichols, WB5BKL. Congratulations to Nick.  He will receive his certificate in the email shortly.

Also, welcome to Steve, WB5CTS.  While he's been a participant in the past, October was the first month he participated in 2020.

The big news for the month is there is a tie for first place for the year.  With only two months to go, both John, K4BAI, and Chas, W2SH, have 144 points.  In third place is Nick, WB5BKL, with 128 points. Carl, WB0CFF, is also within striking distance.  It's not likely, but it's possible we could end up with a 3- or 4-way tie at the end of the year.  There won't be any playoffs or sudden death contests to determine the overall winner.  Regardless of how many people end up in first place after December, all will get a certificate declaring them a "Co-Winner for 2020".  Then, after a few brief moments of fame for the winners, the spreadsheet will be cleared out, ready to start anew in 2021.

72,
John, AA0VE
4SQRP Coordinator

Johnny AC0BQ

Congrats Nick, good job!

It was a active, fun sprint.
Good to see the nice turn out.

72
Stay well everyone
Johnny ACØBQ

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

John - KK4ITX

It could be that the propagation is inching up some.  I have participated several times without reporting no score.

Again last night, Johnny came booming in at S8 and was completely gone in a second and a half on 40m.  20m simply has ZERO noise and not even Digital chatter...... told my XYL that we must live in a Black Hole !

Hope to make the 40 Net tonight.

John
KK4ITX

Visit:  www.zaarc.org.   👁