Send in your score

John Lonigro

I almost forgot to send this reminder.  I will be tabulating the results tomorrow afternoon/evening and want to make sure everyone has had a chance to record their score.

There is some discussion about modifying the rules for the sprint, specifically regarding having QSOs with stations that are QRO.  The rules will definitely NOT be changed this late in the game.  I need to think about this a bit before making suggestions.  For one thing, any changes to the scoring would have to be coordinated with Diz, W8DIZ, who is graciously hosting qrpcontest.com and has programmed the sprint rules into his website.  Thanks, Diz.

In the meantime, if anyone has suggestions on possible sprint rule improvements, specifically regarding QSOs with non-QRP stations, drop me a line.

Also, looking back at my records, I notice that I've been running the sprint since late 2013.  I'm seriously thinking of "retiring" from this job after 2022.  If anyone is interested in taking over, let me know.  The pay is great (hi).

72,

John, AA0VE
4SQRP Contest Coordinator

John - KK4ITX

John,

I'm not a big contester but it always brings a smile to my face when someone pushing 500w answers my QRP CQ.......... so while I wouldn't think "Extra Credit" is needed I surely would think at least the 1 point is warranted, after all the contact was made by the 4S Op in good faith and it's the Op ability that made it happen.

.02,

John
KK4ITX

Click Here for Zephyrhills Area Amateur Radio Club
Many of life's failures are people who
did not realize how close they were to
success when they gave up.
       Thomas A. Edison