Topics

Sounding Good tonite

Jeremy Utley

Terry's sounding good down here into SEKS tonite on the late net.  I REALLY gotta start working on my CW copy skills again....I can only catch about every 4th or 5th letter after 15 years away from working morse!  Would love to just check in to see if I could make the trip up there tho!

Jeremy, N9PH

Wayne Dillon

Just do it Jeremy, we NCS stations don't care about speed, it's the fun quotient that counts!
72/3 es God Bless de Wayne - KC0PMH

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 8:25 PM, Jeremy Utley <jerutley@...> wrote:

Terry's sounding good down here into SEKS tonite on the late net.  I REALLY gotta start working on my CW copy skills again....I can only catch about every 4th or 5th letter after 15 years away from working morse!  Would love to just check in to see if I could make the trip up there tho!

Jeremy, N9PH

QRP -  EFFICIENCY AND SKILL, NOT POWER.

The Lord bless you and keep you

God Bless from Wayne Dillon - KC0PMH

Joshua 24:14-15
2 Cor 5:17
1 Jn 2:17

4 State QRP Group NCS - 40m & 160m
4SQRP #95
FPQRP #342 (Flying Pigs QRP Club)
G-QRP-C #11504
NAQCC # 0759
QRP-ARCI #11505
SKCC #1155
SOC #848
30MDG#1176
NEQRP #693
GORC #192

Jeremy Utley

Yeah, I could get my call in there, but I'd be clueless as to just what Terry was saying back to me if he did hear me!  So I'll just stay out until I can at least copy reasonably well.  But I'll sit here and listen to you guys!

Jeremy, N9PH

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 8:27 PM, Wayne Dillon <wayne.dillon@...> wrote:
[...]

Bill Cromwell

Hi,

I made it in with my 4 watts on the 40 late 40 meter net. It was rough
but we did okay both ways.

I have recently felt envious of people who have those 'spensive, fancy
RBN skimmer stations. None of them heard our NCS and I *did*. With *old*
radios. And a low wire! <putting away the envy>

73,

Bill KU8H

Wayne Dillon

Good evening Bill,
It was a good net tonite, ur right it was a trial at times but we made it. Thanks for checking in and I look forward to hearing you again.

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 8:52 PM, Bill Cromwell <wrcromwell@...> wrote:

[...]

Tim N9PUZ

Jeremy,

Just put out your call when the time comes. Wednesday's are tough for me but on the weeks that I can make it none of the NCS ever grumble about slowing w-a-y down!

73,

Tim N9PUZ

On 3/20/2013 8:25 PM, Jeremy Utley wrote:
Terry's sounding good down here into SEKS tonite on the late net. I
REALLY gotta start working on my CW copy skills again....I can only
catch about every 4th or 5th letter after 15 years away from working
morse! Would love to just check in to see if I could make the trip up
there tho!

Jeremy, N9PH

KD4OBQ

Don't worry Jeremy just send your call out there.

I never did get Morse code and Terry always slows down for me. Both of our net controls are really good people and they will slow down for ya. Make sure you get checked in next week.

I am in Western OK and if the power line noise is not bad here to where I can hear Terry its not often that I don't work him and I am sure you would make the trip. You are pretty close to Wayne and would be interesting to see if you could make that trip as well.

72 Pat KD4OBQ

AR

Jeremy wrote;
Terry's sounding good down here into SEKS tonite on the late net. I REALLY
gotta start working on my CW copy skills again....I can only catch about
every 4th or 5th letter after 15 years away from working morse! Would love
to just check in to see if I could make the trip up there tho!

Jeremy, N9PH
OVERSTOCK ipads: $30.93
Get 32GB Apple iPad for as low as $30.93. Limit 1.Day. Grab yours Now!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/514b07fbc717c7fb234bst04vuc