Spycraft

Jim Sheldon

Edited

Watching a series called “Spycraft”. They are showing spy communication devices the CIA created and/or used to collect data & communicate with their spies. They did a short flash scene of various radios & devices and one was clearly a 4SQRP Ozark Patrol SW regen receiver! It’s become infamous, LOL.

Forgot to mention, it’s on the “Science Channel” on TV.

Jim, W0EB

Johnny AC0BQ

Well 
How cool is that?
Thanks Jim 
Johnny 

On Tue, Jan 18, 2022 at 9:33 PM Jim Sheldon <w0eb@...> wrote:
Watching a series called “Spycraft”.  They are showing spy communication devices the CIA created and/or used to collect data & communicate with their spies.  They did a short flash scene of various radios & devices and one was clearly a 4SQRP Ozark Patrol SW regen receiver!  It’s become infamous, LOL.

--
Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

cornhusker

That series is on Netflix.  I wonder which episode.  

On Tue, Jan 18, 2022 at 9:43 PM, Johnny AC0BQ
<jomatlock@...> wrote:
Well 
How cool is that?
Thanks Jim 
Johnny 

Watching a series called “Spycraft”.  They are showing spy communication devices the CIA created and/or used to collect data & communicate with their spies.  They did a short flash scene of various radios & devices and one was clearly a 4SQRP Ozark Patrol SW regen receiver!  It’s become infamous, LOL.

--

Bob

There 5th episode in Season 1 is titled, “Covert Communication.”  I suspect that’s the one.

Bob, WK2Y

From: main@4SQRP.groups.io <main@4SQRP.groups.io> On Behalf Of cornhusker via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2022 11:10 PM
To: main@4SQRP.groups.io; Johnny AC0BQ <jomatlock@...>; main@4sqrp.groups.io
Subject: Re: [4SQRP] Spycraft

<jomatlock@...> wrote:

Well 

How cool is that?

Thanks Jim 

Johnny 

--

Jim Sheldon

Yup Bob, that's the one.  I went back & looked it up and it is season 1, episode 5, "Covert Communication".

I had never watched it before and just happened to come across it last night about 1/3 of the way through the episode as I was looking for something to watch.

Jim - W0EB

------ Original Message ------
Sent: 1/19/2022 5:00:16 AM

There 5th episode in Season 1 is titled, “Covert Communication.”  I suspect that’s the one.

Bob, WK2Y

From: main@4SQRP.groups.io <main@4SQRP.groups.io> On Behalf Of cornhusker via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2022 11:10 PM
To: main@4SQRP.groups.io; Johnny AC0BQ <jomatlock@...>; main@4sqrp.groups.io

<jomatlock@...> wrote:

Well 

How cool is that?

Thanks Jim 

Johnny 

--