Ge Jerry
That’s a good question for Dave.
He may see ur post here, but his email should be on the kit page.

On Sun, Mar 15, 2020 at 9:16 PM ohwenzelph via Groups.Io <Ohwenzelph=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Maybe this should be directed to David Cripe NMØS
Two of the caps are film caps, the others are mostly ceramics, including disc ceramics right in the audio path. In this setting when is it important to use film caps and why?
thanks
jerry aa1of

--
Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

nm0s_qrp

Some of the capacitors require a high precision to accurately hold the frequency response of the filter.  These will be the film capacitors, and the smaller dipped ceramic capacitors.  For passing audio, and decoupling the DC lines, the capacitor is much less critical, so cheap disk capacitors were used.

73 Dave NM0S

ohwenzelph

It is interesting, the hi-per-mite has 8 plastic film caps which in some circles are valued at audio frequencies over other kinds. It’s not clear to me what kind and how much of a difference it makes and when to use them. My guess is that Dave actually understands it and might shed some light.
thanks
jer

ohwenzelph

Thanks