Topics

SSS Results for September

John Lonigro

Well, things are starting to get interesting.  Carl, WB0CFF and John, K4BAI both came in with 34 QSO points, a great showing.  With that, John has wrested the lead away from Chas, W2SH.  John now has 140 QSO points for the year and Chas has 138, a virtual tie with 3 months to go in the annual contest.  Both Carl and John will be receiving their certificates for being the September co-winners.

There's more news:  We had three first-time participants this month and I need to recognize them.  First was Rick, AA4W, from Georgetown, FL.  Rick not only participated.  He was able to get 24 points this month, propelling him into 11th place.  Since the others had an eight month lead, that is fantastic.  Congratulations, Rick. Next was Duane, WI8J, from Battlecreek MI.  Duane was able to get 10 points, which was pretty good considering he had to contend with a lot of "snap, crackle, and pop" in his signal (hi).  The third first-time participant was Ed, WD7Y, from Reno, NV.  Welcome to all three of you.  I hope you are able to join us from now on.

72 until October,

John, AA0VE
4SQRP Contest Coordinator