To: 4sqrp@...
From: dgarnholt@...
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 19:39:50 -0700
Subject: [4sqrp] still off

still off the air even the qrp wont load right right now.. looked all over and the antenna is in the clear now..the ladder line is good.. gotta be bad coax..no v ohm meter to check with either.
mebbe i should stick with dipoles only sigh..
dennis wd9dwe

Todd K7TFC

Whoa!! No meter??? What the . . . how the . . . I'm counting to 10 . . . no, make that 100 . . . deep, steady breathing . . . .

Okay, I've recovered. Now I really and truly think you ought to consider buying a multimeter for these kinds testing needs. For the current purpose, pretty much any one will do. Here's one from Harbor Freight for a mere $5.29:

I've got one of these I keep in the car and another for my "go-bag" for use in the field. These work just fine for ordinary purposes around the house or shack. I have much, much better bench instruments for high-tech electronics, so I don't care if the calibration on a cheapie meter is not accurate to within 0.1 Volt or Ohm.

If you can afford a better multimeter, buy one, but personally I'd sooner go without an car than without a meter.

There! That was a nice enough reply, don't you think?

73,

Todd
K7TFC / Medford, Oregon, USA / CN82ni / UTC-8
QRP (CW & SSB) / EmComm / SOTA / Homebrew / Design

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 7:39 PM, Dg Arnholt <dgarnholt@...> wrote:

still off the air even the qrp wont load right right now.. looked all over and the antenna is in the clear now..the ladder line is good.. gotta be bad coax..no v ohm meter to check with either.
mebbe i should stick with dipoles only sigh..
dennis wd9dwe

Adrian Flynn

Last weekend it was $2.99 and if you can find an ad for it at that price without an
expiration date on the ad the stores will honor it!
Look around for a flyer as they are often in it at that price.

I try to pick one up 2 or 3 times a year, carry in car or toss in a general tool box.
73
Adrian KF7DYU