From: Bob Baxter
Sent: Monday, March 25, 2013 6:50 PM
Subject: [4sqrp] Straight Key

This link is to a WW2 Navy training film teaching proper straight key technique.  It has helped me but I've still got a long way to go to catch up with the sailors in the film.

Bob AA7EQ

No virus found in this message.

Louis Axeman <n8la@...>

There is also an Army training film covering the same subject on YouTube somewhere.  As I understand it, or perhaps misunderstand it,  "straight key" covers purely mechanical keying devices such as bugs and sideswipers as well as "conventional hand keys."  I think SKCC considers all of these devices to be straight keys.  I like what I call "conventional hand keys" best for real "handmade" CW.  Just thought I would throw my $.02 worth in.

73,
Lou, N8LA

This link is to a WW2 Navy training film teaching proper straight key technique.  It has helped me but I've still got a long way to go to catch up with the sailors in the film.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC5RQNSSZH0

Bob AA7EQ