Topics

TA7642

ohwenzelph

Hi
Would the circuit that replaces the TA7642 in the Nouveau 75
make the Murania any better? And would it work with 9 volts?
tnx
73/72
jerry aa1of
franconia NH

ohwenzelph

Has this already been asked (or answered)?

Frank Perkins

Has WHAT already been asked (or answered)?

On Sat, Dec 21, 2019, 2:58 PM ohwenzelph via Groups.Io <Ohwenzelph=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Has this already been asked (or answered)?

ohwenzelph

Would the circuit that replaces the TA7642 in the Nouveau 75
make the Murania any better? And would it work with 9 volts?

Everett Catlin

I can't attest to the first question but I have always used a 9 volt battery with my Murania. It is a daily user and I am having a blast with it.
73
Everett N5MZX

On Friday, January 10, 2020, 7:39:48 AM PST, ohwenzelph via Groups.Io <ohwenzelph@...> wrote:

Would the circuit that replaces the TA7642 in the Nouveau 75
make the Murania any better? And would it work with 9 volts?

ohwenzelph

Fwiw, I tried to make that Nouveau75 substitute circuit, think I did it right, my Murania had all the recommended mods, when I substituted it, last night, for the TA7642 and ran the replacement circuit off 9 volts it did not work for me.
Did not try running it off 6 volts like in the Nouveaux75 and did not try it with a unmodified Murania. May try building another one in case I did it wrong (but I suspect that while it works in the 75 meter rig it may not be doing exactly what the TA7642 circuit does)
jerry aa1of