te-ne-ke

Ben Docter

Hi folks , the name is Ben and the call is K8AR. I just joined the group and was looking through the April posts when I came across the posting from W0IIT about the te-ne-ke. I thought maybe I could expand on it because every Wednesday I have breakfast with the inventor of that key. That is Boyd Mason,NE8KE who invented it in 1994. In 1995 he showed Dennis Foster how to make them and Dennis then made a smaller version called the micro. So that is the history behind it . Subsequently he turned the whole project over to our club , the North Ottawa Amateur Radio Club. Our club page is at W8CSO.org , upper right go to te-ne-ke and that will bring you all the particulars of what is available today. I am anxiously waiting to read the reports about Ozarkcon and the buildathon there. So far it sounds like a bunch of enthused participants. Ben k8ar

Johnny AC0BQ

Welcome aboard Ben:
Thanks for the bit of history. I saw the origional post and ordered one from you guys! It should be in soon.
The build a thon was FB again.
We built a level matching box to go between your computer and rig for digital modes.
It is soon to be kitted, so keep an eye on the web page.
Again, welcome to the group, please enjoy!

We are all just getting home so the response on the reflector might be a little slow.

On Sunday, April 7, 2013, docsuph wrote:

Hi folks , the name is Ben and the call is K8AR. I just joined the group and was looking through the April posts when I came across the posting from W0IIT about the te-ne-ke. I thought maybe I could expand on it because every Wednesday I have breakfast with the inventor of that key. That is Boyd Mason,NE8KE who invented it in 1994. In 1995 he showed Dennis Foster how to make them and Dennis then made a smaller version called the micro. So that is the history behind it . Subsequently he turned the whole project over to our club , the North Ottawa Amateur Radio Club. Our club page is at W8CSO.org , upper right go to te-ne-ke and that will bring you all the particulars of what is available today. I am anxiously waiting to read the reports about Ozarkcon and the buildathon there. So far it sounds like a bunch of enthused participants. Ben k8ar

W0IIT

Ben et. al.

Just got home from 10th annual Ocon(the birthday cake) was very good as was the rest of the food at the banquet!

I'm sure there will be many reports of the 2013 version of Ocon. I just wonder how something like Ocon could just get better and better. Every aspect that I can think of certainly was as good or improved upon from previous Ocons. Sorry to say that I wasn't able to partake in the build session but I know everyone was saying is was packed full and everyone seemed to have a smile on their face when talking about.

Now Ben, thanks for the clarification about the "the-ne-ke" paddles. I knew I got mine from Dennis or from folks that got them from Dennis so I was totally confused. I managed to get Dennis's call sign at Ocon and hope to get in contact with him. He was, sure he still is, a neat guy and a very conscientious dealer that was alway trying to make sure his buyers were happy and content with his products!!!

cu es 72, Bart W0IIT
Pittsburg, KS
4Sqrp = #72, FP= #11, ARS=#568, SKCC=1139, NAQCC=#588 FIST=#5819, Zombie=#500, Geritol=#1000