The QRPoMeter?

Chuck ke9uw

I see the QRPoMeter for sale on a site called Tindie. Is that a legitimate site...do they really have them for sale?
Any experience here on the forum?

Chuck KE9UW

John - KK4ITX

Yes it is and I have one. NM0S is the designer and he sells on Tindie.  Good unit, built it a few years ago. The gentleman also designed the Crickets and is the president of QRPI.

John
KK4ITX

🙃Each mistake is a learning opportunity.🙂

--
John, KK4ITX       # 1603

Johnny AC0BQ

Hello Chuck
Yes, it’s legit.
When sales slowed a few years ago
Dave Cripe NM0S started re kitting them.
That’s his site.
They are also at NM0S.com I think.
73
Johnny ACØBQ

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Chuck ke9uw

Super. Thanks for the reply. Very helpful.

Shirley Dulcey KE1L

Dave Crike's home page for his kits is at https://sites.google.com/nm0s.com/home/qrp-kits  (NM0S.com does not currently resolve, though the Google link suggests that it once did.) The buying links there take you to his store on eBay; the QRPoMeter+ is at https://www.ebay.com/itm/255398700085  Either there or his Tindie store will get you the genuine item. He also offers three other kits on his site: updated versions of the Cricket-80 and NS-40, and an NS-80 that was never offered by 4SQRP.

His + version is slightly different from the version that the 4SQRP group sold. It has a fully enclosed case with sides. SMD resistors are used in the dummy load and resistive bridge; don't panic, they're huge and easy to solder by hand. The circuit is also changed a bit, using only three ICs instead of four, and the calibration process is different and requires a bit of math. (A calculator, either a physical one or an app on your computer or phone, will make quick work of that.)

I bought one at Ozarkcon; he had some with him to sell there. Put it together on Tuesday and Wednesday. It works great.

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Howard AC1MN

Hi Shirly,

Many thanks for you post.  Been looking for something like this that I could build to go along with my (tr) SDX that is nearly completed. Ordered a similar item from QRPguys but it has been a month and nothing yet. Way it goes these days.

73

Howard ac1mn

Chuck ke9uw

Thanks everyone for the information. I have ordered one from Tindie.  I ordered one a couple years ago and kind of smoked the resistors a bit with a QRP Labs 50 watt amp...don't know what I was thinking. When it topped out at 14 watts, I got the message. It also had that hot smell. It still works fine and has no visible harm, but I like it so much I wanted a spare for the forgetful twilight years. :)