The QRPoMeter?

Chuck ke9uw

I see the QRPoMeter for sale on a site called Tindie. Is that a legitimate site...do they really have them for sale?
Any experience here on the forum?

Chuck KE9UW

John - KK4ITX

Yes it is and I have one. NM0S is the designer and he sells on Tindie.  Good unit, built it a few years ago. The gentleman also designed the Crickets and is the president of QRPI.

John
KK4ITX 

🙃Each mistake is a learning opportunity.🙂

On Apr 15, 2022, at 6:47 PM, ke9uw <c-hawley@...> wrote:

I see the QRPoMeter for sale on a site called Tindie. Is that a legitimate site...do they really have them for sale?

Chuck KE9UW

--
John, KK4ITX       # 1603

Johnny AC0BQ

Hello Chuck
Yes, it’s legit.
When sales slowed a few years ago 
Dave Cripe NM0S started re kitting them.
That’s his site.
They are also at NM0S.com I think.
Johnny ACØBQ 

On Fri, Apr 15, 2022 at 5:47 PM ke9uw <c-hawley@...> wrote:

Chuck KE9UW

--
Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Chuck ke9uw

Super. Thanks for the reply. Very helpful.

Shirley Dulcey KE1L

Dave Crike's home page for his kits is at https://sites.google.com/nm0s.com/home/qrp-kits  (NM0S.com does not currently resolve, though the Google link suggests that it once did.) The buying links there take you to his store on eBay; the QRPoMeter+ is at https://www.ebay.com/itm/255398700085  Either there or his Tindie store will get you the genuine item. He also offers three other kits on his site: updated versions of the Cricket-80 and NS-40, and an NS-80 that was never offered by 4SQRP.

His + version is slightly different from the version that the 4SQRP group sold. It has a fully enclosed case with sides. SMD resistors are used in the dummy load and resistive bridge; don't panic, they're huge and easy to solder by hand. The circuit is also changed a bit, using only three ICs instead of four, and the calibration process is different and requires a bit of math. (A calculator, either a physical one or an app on your computer or phone, will make quick work of that.)

I bought one at Ozarkcon; he had some with him to sell there. Put it together on Tuesday and Wednesday. It works great.

On Fri, Apr 15, 2022 at 7:08 PM Johnny AC0BQ <jomatlock@...> wrote:
Hello Chuck
Yes, it’s legit.
When sales slowed a few years ago 
Dave Cripe NM0S started re kitting them.
That’s his site.
They are also at NM0S.com I think.
Johnny ACØBQ 

On Fri, Apr 15, 2022 at 5:47 PM ke9uw <c-hawley@...> wrote:

Chuck KE9UW

--
Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Howard AC1MN

Hi Shirly,

Many thanks for you post.  Been looking for something like this that I could build to go along with my (tr) SDX that is nearly completed. Ordered a similar item from QRPguys but it has been a month and nothing yet. Way it goes these days.

Howard ac1mn

Chuck ke9uw

Thanks everyone for the information. I have ordered one from Tindie.  I ordered one a couple years ago and kind of smoked the resistors a bit with a QRP Labs 50 watt amp...don't know what I was thinking. When it topped out at 14 watts, I got the message. It also had that hot smell. It still works fine and has no visible harm, but I like it so much I wanted a spare for the forgetful twilight years. :)