Topics

Tiana KE5ODX intro and flying pig rig and crystal questions

tianahalldds

Hi,

I'm Tiana Hall KE5ODX I joined the group a few days ago. I really enjoy building radios. My very first kit was the Steve Weber's MMR 40. Probably not the best beginning kit but with a little help from an elmer got it going. I've also build an ATS3b. Dale WC7S helped me align it. I've played around with soft rocks. I hate to admit it be I do have only part way put together kits and have kits waiting for me to get started on some of them are 4sqrp kits. I'm currently working a Small wonders PSK20.

I do most of my building after my little girls (7 and 5) go to bed. I have never been married but I was a foster mom in Texas for about 5 years. I had 12 foster kids (not all at the same time) 10 returned home to their families. I was able to adopt the last two. So my building and on air time is a bit limited.

My CW skills are still progressing so if you hear me. Please be patient and you may need to slow down. I'm also studying to take my Extra exam.

Now that I've moved to Utah I'm thinking about changing my call to a 7 call.

Reading the last few posts it looks like many of you are building the new Flying pig rig. Are there any of the club 7.122 crystals left? Is it still possible to get on the list for them?

I'm excited to be in this club.

Tiana KE5ODX

Dale Putnam

Welome Tiana,
  This is a friendly bunch.. and a lot of fun too.
They are all getting ready for the big hamfest coming up. Unfortunately, I'm too far away...sigh.
IF you get a chance..and the girls are busy with something.. drop by 14.0625 on Tues and Thurs at 3pm MDT..
There is a your speed cw net there... nothing formal.. just drop by, say hi, practice a bit of cw.. swap temps ...
rigs in use.. antennas... kinda like a short Q.. but more than the hi ur rst bye... just for fun.. and cw practice.
It is called the RMR net, and yep, I have a vested interest... I'm the NCS.

Good to see you, best to the girls,

Have a great day,

--... ...-- Dale - WC7S in Wy

To: 4sqrp@...
From: TianaHalldds@...
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 15:06:32 +0000
Subject: [4sqrp] Tiana KE5ODX intro and flying pig rig and crystal questions

[...]

WA0ITP

Hello Tiana,

Welcome aboard, we're pleased to have you.

As the page header says, this is a friendly list.
Please dont hesitate to jump in with questions and ideas.

We commend you for being a foster parent, and also good builder. I Fyou can
build the 3B, you can build anything. Almost all of us have partially and
unbuilt kits awaiting further attention, it's a symptom of the affliction :o)

On the 7122 crystals, yes and I'll add you to the list.

We hope to hear you on the Wednesday night nets
http://www.4sqrp.com/4sqrpOnTheAir.php
---------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72 WA�ITP
www.qrpspots.com

| I'm Tiana Hall KE5ODX I joined the group a few days ago. I really enjoy
building radios. My very first kit was the Steve Weber's MMR 40. Probably not
the best beginning kit but with a little help from an elmer got it going. I've
also build an ATS3b. Dale WC7S helped me align it. I've played around with soft
rocks. I hate to admit it be I do have only part way put together kits and have
kits waiting for me to get started on some of them are 4sqrp kits. I'm
currently working a Small wonders PSK20.

| I do most of my building after my little girls (7 and 5) go to bed. I have
never been married but I was a foster mom in Texas for about 5 years. I had 12
foster kids (not all at the same time) 10 returned home to their families. I was
able to adopt the last two. So my building and on air time is a bit limited.

| My CW skills are still progressing so if you hear me. Please be patient and
you may need to slow down. I'm also studying to take my Extra exam.

| Now that I've moved to Utah I'm thinking about changing my call to a 7 call.
|
| Reading the last few posts it looks like many of you are building the new
Flying pig rig. Are there any of the club 7.122 crystals left? Is it still
possible to get on the list for them?

| I'm excited to be in this club.
|
| Tiana KE5ODX

Barney <barneyro@...>

Hi Tiana;

     Welcome to the 4SQRP list.  I think you will really like it here.  Lots of good and knowledgeable people that can trouble-shoot your rig from 'afar'

     As Terry said, we almost all have a box full of kits 'awaiting' our attention, or at least, I have.

So 73 and cul

Barney/NO0N

On 3/15/2013 10:06 AM, tianahalldds wrote:

[...]

W0IIT

Tiana,

We are excited that you have joined us. Sounds like you are a perfect match for this group. Don't be afraid to jump right in here and ask questions, seek advice, and most important keep on learning and keep on building.

Hang in there on becoming better using the code. I have found that most people will slow down to let you communicate with them, if they don't, you probably didn't want to talk to them anyway:-)

cu es 72, Bart W0IIT
Pittsburg, KS
4Sqrp = #72, FP= #11, ARS=#568, SKCC=1139, NAQCC=#588 FIST=#5819, Zombie=#500, Geritol=#1000(from back when I actually had a mic connected to my rig:-)

Joe Bento

Hi Tiana,

Another Utahn on 4SQRP! :-) I moved to Utah (Pleasant Grove) from the San Francisco Bay Area 13 years ago. I love it here - the mountains provide endless recreation opportunity, and I'm preparing myself to do some backpacking QRP operation in the Uintas or even closer to home along the Wasatch.

I've been off of HF for far too many years. I'm an electronics technician by trade, and have always loved building. I've need something to respark my interest in ham radio, and I really think the pig rig may do it! I have #143 sitting here waiting to be built. I've been holding off construction for the 7.122 crystal order announcement... of course I could just build it with the 7030.7 crystals that came with the kit.

I do need to get my HF antennas back in order, and I inquired the other day what Pleasant Grove's restrictions were for towers. Things are looking good!

Great to meet you, Tiana!

73,
Joe, N6DGY

On 3/15/2013 9:06 AM, tianahalldds wrote:
[...]

KD4OBQ

Welcome Tina

Don't feel alone as I never got fast with CW and consider myself a Slow Poke and hang out with the other slow pokes between .050 to .060 on most bands. I have worked quite a few 1st timers through the years and it is always fun working them as they screw up the characters sometimes but that is OK as I figure it out anyway and have to use a straight key as they go so slow sometimes.

Need sign up with QRZ.com to post some of your handy work as you should be proud of your accomplishments.

Just remember all questions are welcome here as they really are the friendly group.

Welcome aboard
Pat KD4OBQ
TransUnion&#174 Official Site
Free and Fast Credit Score & monitoring alerts. TransUnion!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/51440be837497be75548st04vuc

Dale Putnam

Tiana did a very commendable effort, with her 3b. Did very well! And it didn't take a whole lot to optimize it and get it on the air.
Have a great day,
Dale - WC7S

Welcome aboard, we're pleased to have you.

As the page header says, this is a friendly list.
Please dont hesitate to jump in with questions and ideas.

We commend you for being a foster parent, and also good builder. I Fyou can
build the 3B, you can build anything. Almost all of us have partially and
unbuilt kits awaiting further attention, it's a symptom of the affliction :o)

On the 7122 crystals, yes and I'll add you to the list.

We hope to hear you on the Wednesday night nets
http://www.4sqrp.com/4sqrpOnTheAir.php
I love this radio stuff !
72 WAØITP
www.qrpspots.com