Topics

To order a Pig Rig or not to order???

Mike-WE0H

OK guys,
Big dilemma here. Should I buy a Pig Rig kit or not? Here's why I question the purchase, I have a FT-817ND here. Why do I need another rig? I got the bucks but I chicken out when it comes to spending those bucks :( Help me fellow piggies :)
--
Mike-WE0H

Gary <countyhunterw4gns@...>

Buy the PigRig as a backup, incase the 817 fails. Try running that by your wife.
Gary-W4GNS

OK guys,
Big dilemma here. Should I buy a Pig Rig kit or not? Here's why I question the purchase, I have a FT-817ND here. Why do I need another rig? I got the bucks but I chicken out when it comes to spending those bucks :( Help me fellow piggies :)
--
Mike-WE0H

WA0ITP

For the love of building.

----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72   WAØITP
www.qrpspots.com

Big dilemma here. Should I buy a Pig Rig kit or not? Here's why I question the purchase, I have a FT-817ND here. Why do I need another rig? I got the bucks but I chicken out when it comes to spending those bucks :( Help me fellow piggies :)
--
Mike-WE0H

Charlie Vest

Never hurts to have a good quality backup rig , that can be also battery powered , like the 817 , and the price is right .

Charlie , W5COV

OK guys,
Big dilemma here. Should I buy a Pig Rig kit or not? Here's why I question the purchase, I have a FT-817ND here. Why do I need another rig? I got the bucks but I chicken out when it comes to spending those bucks :( Help me fellow piggies :)
--
Mike-WE0H

n0jrn <n0jrn@...>

IF your going to be a real piggie, you must learn to wollow in it.

Otherwise, you may as well reserve a room in the chicken coop.

I never heard of having too many rigs.. :)

Jerry N0JRN

----- "Mike-WE0H" <we0h.mike@...> wrote:

OK guys,
Big dilemma here. Should I buy a Pig Rig kit or not? Here's why I
question the purchase, I have a FT-817ND here. Why do I need another
rig? I got the bucks but I chicken out when it comes to spending
those
bucks :( Help me fellow piggies :)
--
Mike-WE0H

W0IIT

Mike,

Oh my!!!! Never heard of such a dilemma. It certainly never raised it's ugly head around my shack. Maybe you could fall back on the quote by a famous mountaineer when asked why he climbed a mountain, "Because it is there"! If I am ever faced with that dilemma that is what I am going to rely on to get me over the hump!!!

cu es 72, Bart W0IIT
Pittsburg, KS
4Sqrp = #72, FP= #11, ARS=#568, SKCC=1139, NAQCC=#588 FIST=#5819, Zombie=#500, Geritol=#1000(from back when I actually had a mic connected to my rig:-)

David Martin <davemrtn@...>

Let me see.....

I have an FT-817ND, K1, RockMite 40, Cub 40, and now piggy !!!!

What was your question ?????

Besides, I don't think your friends will believe you when you tall them you built the FT-817, unless of you can convince them "Yaesu" is your middle name ????

On 03/07/2013 04:18 PM, Mike-WE0H wrote:

OK guys,
Big dilemma here. Should I buy a Pig Rig kit or not? Here's why I question the purchase, I have a FT-817ND here. Why do I need another rig? I got the bucks but I chicken out when it comes to spending those bucks :( Help me fellow piggies :)
--
Mike-WE0H

--
David Martin - K5DCM ---o0o---