N0MII JEFF

K0WDO WILL

KV6Z BILL

AB0AH LARRY

W2NDG NEAL

N8DAH DAVE

W0MFQ TOM

K7EK RODNEY

Tonight's topic was " what radio kits or accessories would you like the 4SQRP group to design and kit"

There where multiple requests for a 5 watt 2 meter cw transceiver, multiple requests for a plug and play digital transceiver. Other suggestions a tube type transmitter and receiver, a high quality code practice oscillator, a crystal radio, an antenna and tuner package that was very portable,a 6 meter cw transceiver, to bring back the HF test kit, an 80 and 30 meter hill topper variant, and last and probably least a 60 meter cw rig.

Thanks again to all the check ins and suggestions

73's

N0YJ

Bert

Gary Kohtala

Please correct my name. It is Gary. Thanks.

Best regards,

Gary, K7EK

Radcliff, KY (EM77at)

Sent from BlueMail

On Nov 28, 2018, at 22:51, Robert <e1dslr@...> wrote:
ANOTHER GREAT NET

N9PUZ TIM

NK80 CHARLES

[...]

Robert

Sorry Gary I will correct  my notes

Bert
N0YJ

[...]

Johnny Matlock

Nice Net guys!
Sorry I missed it.
I worked late but also lost most of my voice to a fall head cold.

My XYL thinks this might be a good thing!!

I will pass the kit ideas on to the kit think thank and see where they go.

The 2 meter CW Rig sounds like fun,
No doubt it would be unique!

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Don Pitchford

Sorry I didn't missed the DMR net, but haven't yet added that mode to the shack.  If the 2 meter CW idea gets traction I will suggest it also have AM, and preferably a built in memory keyer (arduino or similar) that will allow for modulated CW as well as true CW. That may sound like a strange request,  but AM modulated CW is the approved mode for international Amateur Radio Direction Finding (ARDF). Lack of cheap transmitters has been a big stumbling block to expanding the sport in the US.
Thanks for the consideration,
Don, W9EBK

On Wed, Nov 28, 2018, 9:51 PM Robert <e1dslr@... wrote:
[...]

Tate Jackson N3BXZ

Sorry I missed the net.  I second the VHF cw transceivers and the digital transceiver.  If I can only pick one,  my vote is for the 2 meter cw rig.

ill try to make next week’s net

Tate
N3BXZ

Johnny Matlock

Good Evening Group
I forwarded your kit ideas to the clubs think tank and got a positive reply from one of our designers on the 2 meter cw rig.
We will see how it plays out.

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com