moderated Tuner - Ground and Wire

Doug Dukes

So on the Tuner Kit.  Can anyone tell me what it is that is supposed to be attached to the Ground and Wire (red and black) connectors on the tuner?   and WHY?

Thanks

de W5DMD

davemrtn

According to QRZ, you have an extra class license !!

Wherever I go, there He is.

On 4/7/2021 9:09 AM, Doug Dukes wrote:
So on the Tuner Kit.  Can anyone tell me what it is that is supposed to be attached to the Ground and Wire (red and black) connectors on the tuner?   and WHY?

Thanks

de W5DMD

Bob Parr

Thanks David, that was very helpful!

Doug, I assume you know the back is ground, and am gussing your question is what the black goes to, and it grounds to the chassis.  The red connector is identified in the instructions.

Bob

According to QRZ, you have an extra class license !!

Wherever I go, there He is.

On 4/7/2021 9:09 AM, Doug Dukes wrote:
So on the Tuner Kit.  Can anyone tell me what it is that is supposed to be attached to the Ground and Wire (red and black) connectors on the tuner?   and WHY?

Thanks

de W5DMD

davemrtn

Surely the manual would have explained that if somebody had just read it.

Wherever I go, there He is.

On 4/7/2021 9:33 AM, Bob Parr wrote:
Thanks David, that was very helpful!

Doug, I assume you know the back is ground, and am gussing your question is what the black goes to, and it grounds to the chassis.  The red connector is identified in the instructions.

Bob

According to QRZ, you have an extra class license !!

Wherever I go, there He is.

On 4/7/2021 9:09 AM, Doug Dukes wrote:
So on the Tuner Kit.  Can anyone tell me what it is that is supposed to be attached to the Ground and Wire (red and black) connectors on the tuner?   and WHY?

Thanks

de W5DMD

Bob Parr

Thank you oh wise one for more helpful information.

Bob

According to QRZ, you have an extra class license !!

Wherever I go, there He is.

On 4/7/2021 9:09 AM, Doug Dukes wrote:
So on the Tuner Kit.  Can anyone tell me what it is that is supposed to be attached to the Ground and Wire (red and black) connectors on the tuner?   and WHY?

Thanks

de W5DMD

W3BNO

The black ground terminal does not get a wire. It's connection to ground is made through the back panel ground plane. The solder mask is not covering the area around the mounting hole. The red terminal connects via a short wire to the ANT BNC center pin terminal wire on the bottom of the top PC board.
W3BNO

On Apr 7, 2021, at 9:17 AM, davemrtn <davemrtn@...> wrote:

According to QRZ, you have an extra class license !!

Wherever I go, there He is.

On 4/7/2021 9:09 AM, Doug Dukes wrote:
So on the Tuner Kit.  Can anyone tell me what it is that is supposed to be attached to the Ground and Wire (red and black) connectors on the tuner?   and WHY?

Thanks

de W5DMD

Dave Benson

It would- and stop calling me Shirley.