From: "Bryan, KJ7PRS via groups.io" <martinfab@...>
Sent: 4/29/2021 3:24:12 PM
Subject: [4SQRP] Tuner LEDs

Greetings,

I did a search and did not come up with the results I was looking for on this topic.

Was there a final solution/fix for both LED's on the tuner being at full brightness when the antenna is tuned?  I remember something to do with putting in a POT?  Was that the answer?  If so, can I get the information on that?

I enjoy the tuner and use it regularly.   Stay safe, Bryan KJ7PRS

WA0ITP

Hi Bob, this should work well. Pse let us know if the green led goes to full  brightness when the red led extinguishes when matched to a dummy load.

Tnx much.

On Thu, Apr 29, 2021 at 3:36 PM Bob Parr <parr@...> wrote:
THe following was reported by W3BNO.  I plan to do this, but have not gotten around to trying yet.

" I solved by connecting a 5k trim pot across the red led. With the tuner feeding a 50 ohm dummy load and adjusted for maximum dimming of the red led, I adjusted the pot until the led just extinguished."

Good luck and let us know if it works for you.

Bob
KG5GTE

--

Bob Parr

I don't have issues with Green going full bright.  Just red going out.  I believe that was what W3BNO was experiencing as well.

Bob
KG5GTE

I did a search and did not come up with the results I was looking for on this topic.

Was there a final solution/fix for both LED's on the tuner being at full brightness when the antenna is tuned?  I remember something to do with putting in a POT?  Was that the answer?  If so, can I get the information on that?

I enjoy the tuner and use it regularly.   Stay safe, Bryan KJ7PRS

--

Bryan, KJ7PRS

Edited

I did some more testing tonight.  After getting a good green I dialed it in a little more with a meter and the tuner on out.  I switched it back to in and the red was even dimmer.  I practiced this quite a while and got pretty good at getting things right.  This posting was helpful.

The tuner really is amazing.  I tuned my resonate 20 meter wire to 40 and 80.  I did some ft8 at 1 and 5 watts with great results.

Thanks for the input.  Bryan KJ7PRS