Topics

VXO /parts/ Xmtr /Parts (Missed the kits !)

k9ut2003

Anyone out there build the Qrp Xmtr with the Vxo ? Not the kits !

 I am wanting to build a qrp Xmtr with a Vxo ! It will be on pcb with pads .

             Thanks, 72,73,

       Jerry Uhte  K9UT

WD5GLO Lou

That one by W1FB from the 80s is a good one. 40 meter VXO transmitter with instant QSK. I believe the final was an MPS U02 and it ran about a watt output. It worked great.
72, Lou

On May 20, 2019, at 12:43 PM, k9ut2003 via Groups.Io <k9ut@...> wrote:

Anyone out there build the Qrp Xmtr with the Vxo ? Not the kits !

 I am wanting to build a qrp Xmtr with a Vxo ! It will be on pcb with pads .

             Thanks, 72,73,

       Jerry Uhte  K9UT

k9ut2003

Lou, thanks for the info ,i have lots of stuff from Doug !  Maybe i can stretch it to 5 Wts. (hi)

         73, Jerry

That one by W1FB from the 80s is a good one. 40 meter VXO transmitter with instant QSK. I believe the final was an MPS U02 and it ran about a watt output. It worked great.
72, Lou

On May 20, 2019, at 12:43 PM, k9ut2003 via Groups.Io <k9ut@...> wrote:

Anyone out there build the Qrp Xmtr with the Vxo ? Not the kits !

 I am wanting to build a qrp Xmtr with a Vxo ! It will be on pcb with pads .

             Thanks, 72,73,

       Jerry Uhte  K9UT

WD5GLO Lou

I made that one several years ago and used a transistor radio caoacitor (polycon) for VXO. I built it in a cheese dip can! No chirp at all. People were amazed by how good the signals sounded. Also, check out WI5W, Randy, and the "Rockbender" transmitter and receiver.

On May 20, 2019, at 3:01 PM, k9ut2003 via Groups.Io <k9ut@...> wrote:

Lou, thanks for the info ,i have lots of stuff from Doug !  Maybe i can stretch it to 5 Wts. (hi)

         73, Jerry

That one by W1FB from the 80s is a good one. 40 meter VXO transmitter with instant QSK. I believe the final was an MPS U02 and it ran about a watt output. It worked great.
72, Lou

On May 20, 2019, at 12:43 PM, k9ut2003 via Groups.Io <k9ut@...> wrote:

Anyone out there build the Qrp Xmtr with the Vxo ? Not the kits !

 I am wanting to build a qrp Xmtr with a Vxo ! It will be on pcb with pads .

             Thanks, 72,73,

       Jerry Uhte  K9UT

k9ut2003

Lou, congrats om, thats great !  I am trying now to find the final Xsistor, MPS U02 , kinda rare !  HI !  looks like a neat project i have the article in the qrp classics mag ! i would be ok with 1.5 watts !  I never run more than 50 with the K2 ,then 5 on qrp tests !

 guess i could find a alternate if necessary ,anyway i will start looking for some other parts !

    Thanks again , 73

           Jerry

That one by W1FB from the 80s is a good one. 40 meter VXO transmitter with instant QSK. I believe the final was an MPS U02 and it ran about a watt output. It worked great.
72, Lou

On May 20, 2019, at 12:43 PM, k9ut2003 via Groups.Io <k9ut@...> wrote:

Anyone out there build the Qrp Xmtr with the Vxo ? Not the kits !

 I am wanting to build a qrp Xmtr with a Vxo ! It will be on pcb with pads .

             Thanks, 72,73,

       Jerry Uhte  K9UT

Curt

Jerry

For the final, examine some designs that use a pair of 2n2222 or 2n2219 devices in parallel (note a small resistor a few ohms in each emitter leg) - check K8IQY designs for ideas on the PA circuit.  idea is to use what you have or can find.

Certainly research QRP VCXO on the web should bring some hits.  sometimes a few identical (or close value) crystals are used in parallel - but okay to start simple with one device.

'Famous QRP rigs that used a VCXO?  The 38 special used a high frequency xtal (to tune about half of 30m) and mixed down.  uMountaineer by K7ZOI had a frequency shift function to hop between two images or transmit on two frequencies.  cool stuff!

enjoy your build

Curt

k9ut2003

Curt, thanks for the info, i do remember years ago when i was going to build the 2n2222 rig as i was building stuff then with the cu pads !  Got lazy and got a K2 !  Hi !  Now its all coming back !

           Thanks , 73,

          Jerry K9UT