Topics

W0RW @ Ice Station Zebra, 1900z, 11 March 2020.

w0rw

  W0RW @  ISZ ,   11 March 2020.

 http://tinyurl.com/zgss4yu

   i will be on 14061 +/-1 with my  PRC319   at 1900z and

14285 +/- 5  at 2000z.

    i will be out in the field trying to break up an ice dam.

 The QSL card for this operation will be my new  Dino QSL.

You can see a sample of it at Fossil News:

https://www.eham.net/article/44512

   Ice Station Zebra is located near the Florissant Fossil Beds National Monument.
There are fossils ever where.

Paul   W0RW

Colorado

John - KK4ITX

Paul,

Hi give it a listen especially on CW, usually there is local traffic on 14.286 that interferes on SSB when I go there.

That is quite a radio ! According to one place I looked it’s a collectors item, hard to believe it cost $ 21,000 new ?

Good luck today,

John
KK4ITX
Zephyrhills, Florida

Visit:  www.zaarc.org.   👁

On Mar 11, 2020, at 08:24, w0rw <w0rw1@...> wrote:

  W0RW @  ISZ ,   11 March 2020.

 http://tinyurl.com/zgss4yu

   i will be on 14061 +/-1 with my  PRC319   at 1900z and

14285 +/- 5  at 2000z.

    i will be out in the field trying to break up an ice dam.

 The QSL card for this operation will be my new  Dino QSL.

You can see a sample of it at Fossil News:

https://www.eham.net/article/44512

   Ice Station Zebra is located near the Florissant Fossil Beds National Monument.
There are fossils ever where.

Paul   W0RW

Colorado

John

Hi paul

I worked you yesterday at 1919. weak with qsb up and down and my code skills a bit slower than your sending but i heard you ok on the peaks

I will send a qsl card as per qrz.com
John VE3IPS

Ham Radio is a lifestyle not a Hobby!
Take the radio outside and operate from the Field

On Wed, Mar 11, 2020 at 8:24 AM w0rw <w0rw1@...> wrote:

  W0RW @  ISZ ,   11 March 2020.

 http://tinyurl.com/zgss4yu

   i will be on 14061 +/-1 with my  PRC319   at 1900z and

14285 +/- 5  at 2000z.

    i will be out in the field trying to break up an ice dam.

 The QSL card for this operation will be my new  Dino QSL.

You can see a sample of it at Fossil News:

https://www.eham.net/article/44512

   Ice Station Zebra is located near the Florissant Fossil Beds National Monument.
There are fossils ever where.

Paul   W0RW

Colorado

w0rw

Hi John,
Sorry i did not hear you.
i have found 14285 full of buzzing noise so have been using 14280 kHz.
Yes, the 319 was very expensive. The little hermetic TCXO alone cost $3000 (1987 dollars).
Here is my log for the day:
i worked :
W6BUX  CA,
KS4L Randy AL,
WA9PWP Paul MI,
K6FG  Mark CA,
VE3iPS John.
N8XMS Paul MI,
W4GE Rick SC,
AC2QH Larry NC,
K7VM Craig WA,
K7SS Dan WA,
WC6Y  Ken CA,
N5JSC John LA,
K6YK John CA,
XE2RN Rich,
KB4PYP Bob TN,
K8JPD Jim OH.
Had a great time.
73
Paul  w0rw

John

Pauk, sorry you didnt get my 55N at 1919 gmt on 14061 on march 11 2020 on CW?

On Fri, Mar 13, 2020 at 5:52 PM w0rw <w0rw1@...> wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the report, looks like you were fairly successful.  I did not hear you but I did copy a couple of OPs calling you.  SB does not do well here in Florida on 14.285 as there is always chatter on 14.286 close by........ I didn’t realize that you had dropped down to 14.280.

It’s beautiful country out there, we spent a week RVING in the area in 2009 as part of a 10 week trip.

We’ll be watching for your next outing, never know how the signal goes !

73,

John
KK4ITX

Visit:  www.zaarc.org.   👁