Topics

WEd Nite CW Net

kb4qqj

WOW!!!

I sure am glad to see someone with more DAHS than me....  :-))

Randy_KB4QQJ

In a message dated 2/28/2013 1:56:30 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, wa0itp@... writes:

Great night on 80M CW last night. We had 20 checkins with two first timers. I
was especially pleased to see my long time Iowegian friend W0PWE, Jerry Hall,
check in. I liked The furthest distance was KN2G Ken Gies in New York. Both of
thse gentleman were first timers to the net. I was plagued with intermittent
short and fierce neighborhood QRN so I'm sri if I didnt get your right away.

Making it in were:

N0NBD Paul HUMBOLDT, KS
K0MC Mike STRATTON, CO
AC0BQ Johnny LEBO, KS
KD4OBQ Pat CHEYENNE, OK
N0JRN Jerry Springfield, MO
N9RLO John UPLAND, IN
W2SH Chas MILLINGTON, NJ
WR9H Herb ROCKFORD, IL
NO0N Barney CLUBB, MO
W0CH Dave SENECA, MO
W0PWE JERRY JOHNSTON, IA 1rst timer, tnx Jerry
WB0QQT Steve LINCOLN, NE
W4RK Bill JEFFERSON CITY, MO
KB4QQJ Randy BURLINGTON, NC
N0SM Steve OTTUMWA, IA
N9RLO John UPLAND, IN
KD4OBQ Pat CHEYENNE, OK
KI8R Mike LANCASTER, OH
KN2G KEN FORT PLAIN, NY 1rst timer, tnx Ken
WR9H Herb ROCKFORD, IL

Thank to all who made it and also to those who tried. cu next week.
----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72 WAØITP
www.qrpspots.com

WA0ITP

GM Randy,

Your call has the most dahs I've ever encountered, and Woody has almost as many in his name :o)

----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72   WAØITP
www.qrpspots.com

[...]

I've been trumped in the last 80 meter net Terry....  LOL
WB0QQT Steve LINCOLN, NE
Steve wins it 15 to 13....  ;-)
There is a funny story with my call.To me anyway.
I learned code at 9 because my oldest brother (k4rrh) was a radioman in the airforce.
While not a ham I had access to a couple stations in my little town as long as I only used code.
So I was comfortable at 20 wpm well before I was licenced.
My Elmer when I finally got my licence the second time (first novice expired when I found girls and gasoline) knew I loved cw and took one look at my new call and said
 "boy, they shore is a lotta dahs in nat call".
There is too. But I'll keep it forever. I can't begin to count the pile ups I've broken with it. Because it is so long,  after all the short calls and crickets stop, all the dx station hears is my lingering "qqj".
I regularly hear "qqj?" and bingo, I have em. :-))
See you in the next net or 7030.7. I'm still shooting for the 4s sweep.

73 for now,
Randy_KB4QQJ

In a message dated 3/1/2013 7:29:10 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, wa0itp@... writes:
WB0QQT Steve LINCOLN, NE

Wayne Dillon

Imagine some poor op getting JJ0QQQ,
Just a thought...
God Bless,
Wayne - KC0PMH

On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 1:01 PM, <KB4QQJ@...> wrote:

[...]

QRP -  EFFICIENCY AND SKILL, NOT POWER.

The Lord bless you and keep you

God Bless from Wayne Dillon - KC0PMH

Joshua 24:14-15
2 Cor 5:17
1 Jn 2:17

4 State QRP Group NCS - 40m & 160m
4SQRP #95
FPQRP #342 (Flying Pigs QRP Club)
G-QRP-C #11504
NAQCC # 0759
QRP-ARCI #11505
SKCC #1155
SOC #848
30MDG#1176
NEQRP #693
GORC #192

wynger99@yahoo.com

Hi all
Just chiming in on the dah count ......Dale WN0WWY (15 dahs)  hi hi

Hope to c u all at Branson... 72  Dale

[...]

Steve Sellmeyer <ssellmeyer@...>

Ahhhhh yes, WB0QQT started out as WN0QQT in 1975. Never have given any thought to changing my call as I figure it's good for CW practice. (chuckle)

Glad you mentioned the short call versus the long call. Guess I never thought of it that way but it makes sense to me. It works too as you say.Thanks !

Steve/WB0QQT dah dah dah dah dah etc. :):):)