Topics

Wednesday Evening 40 and 80 meter Nets - Wed, 07/17/2019 #cal-notice

main@4SQRP.groups.io Calendar <noreply@...>

Wednesday Evening 40 and 80 meter Nets

When:
Wednesday, 17 July 2019
8:00pm to 9:00pm
(GMT-05:00) America/Chicago

Where:
40 and 80 Meters

Organizer:
jomatlock@...

The 40 Meter Net will be at 8:00 pm DST central time  on 7.122 +-. QRM
NCS is WQ5RP Terry.

Wednesday evening 80 Meter CW Net. will be at  (8:30PM Central DST Time Wednesday).
The 80 meter net will be called on 3.564 MHz +/- QRM.
Net control operators are Johnny AC0BQ or Paul N0NBD.

* NEW *  Wednesday evening DMR Voice Net will be at (Thursday) 0300 UTC (9:00PM Central Time Wednesday/)
Four States QRP has a Brandmeister DMR Talk Group (TG31654). Join us to discuss QRP, ask questions, or just ragchew. The Wednesday net is a directed net  but any other time you may use the Talk Group to chat with other QRPers.
Net Control operator is Bert NØYJ.

John KK4ITX

I guess that I’ll have to wait until I get back to Florida to get back on the Nets....... at night here at the campground the noise level is an S8 with higher spikes....... all the beach spots close at 9pm.

73,

John
KK4ITX
Wells, Maine

If you need a parachute and don't have one you probably won't need one again.

On Jul 17, 2019, at 21:00, main@4SQRP.groups.io Calendar <noreply@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

wg5f@...

Was there anyone on the 40 meter net last night?
I didnt hear anyone.
I was using my new Alpha Jr Mag Loop on the dining room table.
Thought I heard something at 7.121.34 but it was at ESP levels...
I called CQ 4S a few times at 7.122.50 but never heard anything.
72, de WG5F

John KK4ITX

I had, and still do, a noise level at S8 + so heard nothing.  I also have not seen a Net Report for either 40 or 80 so perhaps there were no Nets.

I don't believe that I'll be able to participate again until I return to Florida in September :(-

John
KK4ITX

Click Here for Zephyrhills Area Amateur Radio Club
Many of life's failures are people who
did not realize how close they were to
success when they gave up.
       Thomas A. Edison

On ‎Thursday‎, ‎July‎ ‎18‎, ‎2019‎ ‎01‎:‎39‎:‎58‎ ‎PM‎ ‎EDT, <wg5f@...> wrote:

Was there anyone on the 40 meter net last night?
I didnt hear anyone.
I was using my new Alpha Jr Mag Loop on the dining room table.
Thought I heard something at 7.121.34 but it was at ESP levels...
I called CQ 4S a few times at 7.122.50 but never heard anything.
72, de WG5F

Paul Goemans

Well,
  I didn’t hear anything of a 40 meter net. I did check into the 80 meter net, AC0BQ was NCS.

Paul Goemans WA9PWP
Stoughton, WI

[...]

Martin

Hi Paul,

I listened but didn’t hear a thing but band noise! The whole day was kind of like that for me.

Thanks for trying,

Martin/K0BXB