Topics

Wednesday Evening 40 and 80 meter Nets - Wed, 10/14/2020 #cal-notice

main@4SQRP.groups.io Calendar <noreply@...>

Wednesday Evening 40 and 80 meter Nets

When:
Wednesday, 14 October 2020
20:00 to 21:00
(GMT-05:00) America/Chicago

Where:
40 and 80 Meters

Organizer:
jomatlock@...

The 40 Meter Net will be at 8:00 pm central time  on 7.122 +-. QRM
NCS is WQ5RP/ACØBQ

Wednesday evening 80 Meter CW Net. will be at  (8:30PM Central Time Wednesday).

The 80 meter net will be called on 3.564 MHz +/- QRM.
Net control operator is Johnny ACØBQ

* NEW *  Wednesday evening DMR Voice Net will be at (Thursday) 0300 UTC (9:00PM Central Time Wednesday/)
Four States QRP has a Brandmeister DMR Talk Group (TG31654). Join us to discuss QRP, ask questions, or just ragchew. The Wednesday net is a directed net  but any other time you may use the Talk Group to chat with other QRPers.
Net Control operator is Bert NØYJ.

Jerry Pereira <digilink@...>

Would like to check in but my K1 or MTR3B will not go that high in the 40 meter cw band.
Jerry - K4KBL

On Wed, Oct 14, 2020 at 9:00 PM main@4SQRP.groups.io Calendar <noreply@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

Dave Redfearn

The MTR3b should tune up there, My MTR4b does.
73 - Dave, N4ELM

Dave Redfearn

There is a digital signal right on 7.122.
73 - Dave, N4ELM

Jerry Pereira <digilink@...>

I stand corrected !!! The MTR3B will go that high and I’m on freq but hear nada !

On Wed, Oct 14, 2020 at 9:08 PM Dave Redfearn <n4elm@...> wrote:
The MTR3b should tune up there, My MTR4b does.
73 - Dave, N4ELM

Johnny AC0BQ

try 7.122 dave

On Wed, Oct 14, 2020 at 8:11 PM Dave Redfearn <n4elm@...> wrote:
There is a digital signal right on 7.122.
73 - Dave, N4ELM

Johnny AC0BQ

sri 7.121

On Wed, Oct 14, 2020 at 8:12 PM Johnny AC0BQ via groups.io <jomatlock=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
try 7.122 dave

On Wed, Oct 14, 2020 at 8:11 PM Dave Redfearn <n4elm@...> wrote:
There is a digital signal right on 7.122.
73 - Dave, N4ELM

John - KK4ITX

I stayed with it searching from 7119 to 7123 for the full half hour, almost like my antenna was disconnected.  About a 1/2 hour before the Net W1AW started to fade..... that’s when I knew it probably wasn’t going to be a good night.

80m was just about the same.

Too bad, I need a “P” for my first Word Challenge word for this month’s NAQCC Alphabet Challenge.

See ya next week.

John
KK4ITX

Visit:  www.zaarc.org.   👁