Wednesday night CW Nets

Johnny AC0BQ

Ge Group
We have a line of thunderstorms rolling 
through tonight.
The net is not looking very good unless 
they clear out later.
I will let you know before net time if they do.
Go ahead and get on frequency call cq 4 state and see who is listening?

Johnny ACØBQ 
--
Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Paul Goemans

Well,
  I jumped in on 7122 a bit after 8 PM. Good signals here in south central WI from N4MJ, N4ELM, NK8O and W2SH.

Paul Goemans WA9PWP
Stoughton, WI

Sent: Wednesday, April 28, 2021 5:38 PM
To: 4sqrpio
Subject: [4SQRP] Wednesday night CW Nets

Ge Group
We have a line of thunderstorms rolling
through tonight.
The net is not looking very good unless
they clear out later.
I will let you know before net time if they do.
Go ahead and get on frequency call cq 4 state and see who is listening?

Johnny ACØBQ
--

AG4CC

Is there a protocol for the net? I have not figured it out. 
thanks
Karen AG4CC 

w2sh@...

There is little in the way of protocol.  It would be a more orderly proceeding if there were. 

Wayne, NQØRP, was the NCS several years ago.  I proposed a protocol that he adopted and it worked well, with a procedure that started with the CQ, announced the name and brief description of the net.  These were followed by QNI?, acknowledgement to the callers, ONE BY ONE; then for each a PSE AS, an insert of QSP when appropriate, and finally the net closing.

Basically this protocol initially established as complete a list of the QNIs as possible.  And ONLY THEN were the QNIs, one by one, invited to transmit.

The New England QRP Net meets Thursdays at 8:30 ET on 3,566 kHz.  NCS Chuck, K1CL, follows it. The net runs smoothly.

A couple of years ago I sent the procedure previously supplied to NQØRP to Johnny, ACØBQ, but thus far he has not used any parts of it.

Charles (aka Chas), W2SH 

From: main@4SQRP.groups.io <main@4SQRP.groups.io> on behalf of AG4CC <telegraph@...>
Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2021 14:40
To: main@4SQRP.groups.io <main@4SQRP.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [4SQRP] Wednesday night CW Nets

thanks
Karen AG4CC 

--
Charles Moizeau, W2SH

Johnny AC0BQ

Ge Karen
No formal proto calls for the 4state Net. 
Send your call when you hear my CQ, QNI and ?. I will answer with your call and a signal report.
You can reply with my report and we can swap weather info, rig info or ??

We would be glad to hear you check in.
Johnny ACØBQ 

On Thu, Apr 29, 2021 at 1:40 PM AG4CC <telegraph@...> wrote:
thanks
Karen AG4CC 

--

n4mj

Karen, thanks for the QNI last night.  As for protocol...well, Johnny has a better grip on that than do I.  Last night I did not hear anyone calling or picking up the net so I grabbed it and ran.with it.

The 4S net is what I consider a "comfortable" net, ie no ridged format.  Usually only a handful of check-ins; those providing RST and maybe a bit more from time to time.  I see it as a place/time to practice CW, follow minimum protocol, and a  place to acknowledge regular and new check-ins.  COMFORTABLE being a key word. hi hi

If you're looking for protocol try the Tennessee State CW Net.3.562 Mhz, 1900 local M-S. It is a NTS net with protocol.   For more info on Tennessee nets:  Home (tnarrl.org)

Again thanks for the QNI last evening...and I wonder if you were using the new IC-705???

73 de n4mj//glenn

PLEASE REMOVE all email addresses before you send it on and use BCC option when forwarding"
  Thank you! 

On Thursday, April 29, 2021, 01:40:38 PM CDT, AG4CC <telegraph@...> wrote:

thanks
Karen AG4CC 

AG4CC

Thanks Glenn,
And yes I was using the 705 at 5w. 

Karen AG4CC