72
Johnny ACØBQ
--
Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Paul Goemans

Well,
  I jumped in on 7122 a bit after 8 PM. Good signals here in south central WI from N4MJ, N4ELM, NK8O and W2SH.

Paul Goemans WA9PWP
Stoughton, WI

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

AG4CC

Is there a protocol for the net? I have not figured it out.
thanks
73
Karen AG4CC

w2sh@...

There is little in the way of protocol.  It would be a more orderly proceeding if there were.

Wayne, NQØRP, was the NCS several years ago.  I proposed a protocol that he adopted and it worked well, with a procedure that started with the CQ, announced the name and brief description of the net.  These were followed by QNI?, acknowledgement to the callers, ONE BY ONE; then for each a PSE AS, an insert of QSP when appropriate, and finally the net closing.

Basically this protocol initially established as complete a list of the QNIs as possible.  And ONLY THEN were the QNIs, one by one, invited to transmit.

The New England QRP Net meets Thursdays at 8:30 ET on 3,566 kHz.  NCS Chuck, K1CL, follows it. The net runs smoothly.

A couple of years ago I sent the procedure previously supplied to NQØRP to Johnny, ACØBQ, but thus far he has not used any parts of it.

72,

Charles (aka Chas), W2SH

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

n4mj

Karen, thanks for the QNI last night.  As for protocol...well, Johnny has a better grip on that than do I.  Last night I did not hear anyone calling or picking up the net so I grabbed it and ran.with it.

The 4S net is what I consider a "comfortable" net, ie no ridged format.  Usually only a handful of check-ins; those providing RST and maybe a bit more from time to time.  I see it as a place/time to practice CW, follow minimum protocol, and a  place to acknowledge regular and new check-ins.  COMFORTABLE being a key word. hi hi

If you're looking for protocol try the Tennessee State CW Net.3.562 Mhz, 1900 local M-S. It is a NTS net with protocol.   For more info on Tennessee nets:  Home (tnarrl.org)

Again thanks for the QNI last evening...and I wonder if you were using the new IC-705???

73 de n4mj//glenn

  Thank you!

On Thursday, April 29, 2021, 01:40:38 PM CDT, AG4CC <telegraph@...> wrote:

Is there a protocol for the net? I have not figured it out.
thanks
73
Karen AG4CC

AG4CC