What headphones to use with a Cricket?

Lloyd Sumpter

I had written off the RX portion of my Cricket 20 because I couldn't really hear anything. But I found out the headphones I was using were basically useless. I had MUCH better results with my crystal-set earpiece (high-impedance, high-efficiency).

Should I be using high-impedance phones? Any recommendations?

Lloyd VA7LAS

Tom Sevart

On 5/18/2022 21:46, Lloyd Sumpter wrote:
I had written off the RX portion of my Cricket 20 because I couldn't really hear anything. But I found out the headphones I was using were basically useless. I had MUCH better results with my crystal-set earpiece (high-impedance, high-efficiency).
Should I be using high-impedance phones? Any recommendations?

I hear just fine on my Cricket 80 or Cricket 30 with a regular pair of headphones or earbuds.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
St. Paul, KS

Curt

For me, the cheap headphones from United Airlines work fine in the Crickets ( and everything else ).  Needing high impedance makes me wonder if the Audio amplifier in your Cricket is functioning.

72 Curt KB5JO (Cricketeer #005)