Topics

WW2 Biscuit Set

griffithsesq.robert

Just came across this photo of a Biscuit Set from World War Two taken in either the Museum in Avaranche (Normandy), or Les Invallides Museum in Paris. Don’t believe that I forwarded it previously. Note the magazine with 8mm Cal. (?) bullets on top of the case and, apparently, a “French Model 1892 Revolver perhaps partly shown in the upper left. 73. Griff NE3I

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 2021 2:03 PM
To: Robert Griffiths
Subject: photo9 Biscuit Set

I received the e-mail, but there was no photo attached.

EuGene Smith, KA5NLY

On Tuesday, January 26, 2021, 1:47:19 PM CST, griffithsesq.robert via groups.io <signalnaut@...> wrote:

Just came across this photo of a Biscuit Set from World War Two taken in either the Museum in Avaranche (Normandy), or Les Invallides Museum in Paris. Don’t believe that I forwarded it previously. Note the magazine with 8mm Cal. (?) bullets on top of the case and, apparently, a “French Model 1892 Revolver perhaps partly shown in the upper left. 73. Griff NE3I

griffithsesq.robert

EuGene. I came through on mine below the text and line that says, “Sent from Mail for Windows 10.” Did you scroll down? Thanks for letting me know. I do not know why not. Griff NE3I

Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 2021 2:52 PM
To: main@4SQRP.groups.io
Subject: Re: [4SQRP] WW2 Biscuit Set

EuGene Smith, KA5NLY

On Tuesday, January 26, 2021, 1:47:19 PM CST, griffithsesq.robert via groups.io <signalnaut@...> wrote:

griffithsesq.robert

Ahhh, sorry, I forwarded it to myself from another old computer first and should have eliminated the stuff in between. Sorry everyone. Griff NE3I

Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 2021 3:07 PM
Subject: RE: [4SQRP] WW2 Biscuit Set

EuGene. I came through on mine below the text and line that says, “Sent from Mail for Windows 10.” Did you scroll down? Thanks for letting me know. I do not know why not. Griff NE3I

EuGene Smith, KA5NLY

Griff,

I found it.  It had been way down, so I didn't scroll far enough, now it has moved back up to right below the message.

EuGene

On Tuesday, January 26, 2021, 2:07:11 PM CST, griffithsesq.robert via groups.io <signalnaut@...> wrote:

EuGene Smith, KA5NLY

Charlie Vest

I believe this is my first time seeing this particular rig. Does anyone have any further information on it ?

Charlie , W5COV

On January 26, 2021 at 2:52 PM "bigusmith via groups.io" <bigusmith@...> wrote:

EuGene Smith, KA5NLY

OwlCricker - K7ULM

Searching under this name will turn up a few articles.  The link will show some nifty drawings of its use.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Dick Wendell - K7ULM
406-781-1333

If you don't know Morse Code,
You don't know dit.

On Tue, Jan 26, 2021 at 6:36 PM Charlie Vest <cvest@...> wrote:

I believe this is my first time seeing this particular rig. Does anyone have any further information on it ?

Charlie , W5COV

On January 26, 2021 at 2:52 PM "bigusmith via groups.io" <bigusmith=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

EuGene Smith, KA5NLY

On Tuesday, January 26, 2021, 1:47:19 PM CST, griffithsesq.robert via groups.io <signalnaut=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Matthew Halsey

A revolver wouldn’t have a magazine, more likely the magazine for a STEN gun which was frequently used by agents in the field.

Matt
KC3OIV

On Jan 26, 2021, at 2:47 PM, griffithsesq.robert via groups.io <signalnaut@...> wrote:

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 2021 2:03 PM
To: Robert Griffiths
Subject: photo9 Biscuit Set

<5210703C87994C54ADD3450E8AC85511.jpg>

<5210703C87994C54ADD3450E8AC85511.jpg>

griffithsesq.robert

Roger that Matt, thank you. However, we digress from the Amateur Radio related interest proscribed by the Moderators of this fine Reflector. 73. Griff NE3I

Robert Alan Griffiths

On Jan 26, 2021, at 2:50 PM, Matthew Halsey via groups.io <rftb_cowboy=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

A revolver wouldn’t have a magazine, more likely the magazine for a STEN gun which was frequently used by agents in the field.

Matt
KC3OIV

OwlCricker - K7ULM

Biscuit Set Video

Dick Wendell - K7ULM
406-781-1333

You don't know dit.

On Tue, Jan 26, 2021 at 7:56 PM griffithsesq.robert via groups.io <signalnaut=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Roger that Matt, thank you. However, we digress from the Amateur Radio related interest proscribed by the Moderators of this fine Reflector. 73. Griff NE3I

Robert Alan Griffiths
> On Jan 26, 2021, at 2:50 PM, Matthew Halsey via groups.io <rftb_cowboy=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
>
> A revolver wouldn’t have a magazine, more likely the magazine for a STEN gun which was frequently used by agents in the field.
>
> Matt
> KC3OIV

griffithsesq.robert

Thank you! The current owner narrating the video said that the Biscuit was not working and that he found that he “had to replace the Oscillator “Valve.” (Vacuum Tube) -You knew that. Also shown, interesting pull in and out Coil Units to change frequency coverage. As demonstrated, the Biscuit was a Receive only Radio? 
73. Griff NE3I 

Robert Alan Griffiths

On Jan 26, 2021, at 10:30 PM, OwlCricker - K7ULM <dickw299@...> wrote:

Biscuit Set Video

Dick Wendell - K7ULM
406-781-1333

You don't know dit.

Michael Kana

A fantastic book of military and covert radio sets
is in the book “Wireless for the Warrior”. The volume
I have is volume 4 for clandestine sets

73 Mike
AA9IL 

On Jan 26, 2021, at 6:49 PM, bigusmith via groups.io <bigusmith@...> wrote:

Griff,

I found it.  It had been way down, so I didn't scroll far enough, now it has moved back up to right below the message.

EuGene

On Tuesday, January 26, 2021, 2:07:11 PM CST, griffithsesq.robert via groups.io <signalnaut@...> wrote:

EuGene Smith, KA5NLY