Topics

Yahoo Groups

Fred Smith <mfsj@...>

I don't mean to be combative but I've been on the yahoo groups for years and never had any problems. I see some posting how bad it is to have moved the group here what exactly are the problems you have with yahoo, and when were they.

73,

Fred/N0AZZ

Wayne Dillon

Good morning Fred,
I think it's just resistance to change, Yahoo groups has had some bad press in the early days regarding groups but I honestly believe the criticisms probably be directed at poorly setting up of the individual group than at Yahoo. Just look at the SKCC, great group and administration, and that is the key word. I sit on several and have had no issue with them, I think once it settles down folks will discover that there are way more benefits than detriments. just my $0.02 worth.
72/3 es God Bless de Wayne - KC0PMH

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 9:04 AM, Fred Smith <mfsj@...> wrote:

I don't mean to be combative but I've been on the yahoo groups for years and never had any problems. I see some posting how bad it is to have moved the group here what exactly are the problems you have with yahoo, and when were they.

73,

Fred/N0AZZ

QRP -  EFFICIENCY AND SKILL, NOT POWER.

The Lord bless you and keep you

God Bless from Wayne Dillon - KC0PMH

Joshua 24:14-15
2 Cor 5:17
1 Jn 2:17

4 State QRP Group NCS - 40m & 160m
4SQRP #95
FPQRP #342 (Flying Pigs QRP Club)
G-QRP-C #11504
NAQCC # 0759
QRP-ARCI #11505
SKCC #1155
SOC #848
30MDG#1176
NEQRP #693
GORC #192

N8VCL

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 9:12 AM, Wayne Dillon <wayne.dillon@...> wrote:

I think once it settles down folks will discover that there are way more benefits than detriments. just my $0.02 worth.

Chief among the benefits is that the group and discussion carry on.  That's all I care about, and I've never had missing mail with a Yahoo group.

Thanks Don!

Scott

--
FP #930 / Pig Rig #118 (unbuilt)
SKCC #3083

Barney <barneyro@...>

     I have several other accounts on Yahoo and all seem to work FB.  I never use the yahoo account for email and have a strong password there.  So far, so good..

73

Barney

On 2/12/2013 9:19 AM, N8VCL wrote:

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 9:12 AM, Wayne Dillon <wayne.dillon@...> wrote:

I think once it settles down folks will discover that there are way more benefits than detriments. just my $0.02 worth.

Chief among the benefits is that the group and discussion carry on.  That's all I care about, and I've never had missing mail with a Yahoo group.

Thanks Don!

Scott

--
FP #930 / Pig Rig #118 (unbuilt)
SKCC #3083
4SQRP #558
OMISS #5084

George H. Gates

Fred, I agree with you. Have been in yahoo groups for years with no problems ever. 72 George/W2BPI

--- In 4sqrp@..., "Fred Smith" wrote:

I don't mean to be combative but I've been on the yahoo groups for years and
never had any problems. I see some posting how bad it is to have moved the
group here what exactly are the problems you have with yahoo, and when were
they.

73,

Fred/N0AZZ

Dale Putnam

I'm a member of 34 Yahoo groups, and don't recall having any issues.. what is it that I should be so watchful for?

Have a great day,

--... ...-- Dale - WC7S in Wy

To: 4sqrp@...
From: w2bpi1@...