Topics

Yahoo! Groups reflector owner/moderator change

Don Jackson

Hello everyone,

As I mentioned in my email of February 12, after the big changeover from my hosted reflector to the Yahoo! Groups reflector, I would be retiring from the job.

The present reflector seems to be running without any glitches, the membership is rising daily, and I've not heard one complaint from those who had enough faith to re-join. Incidentally, I've had a huge increase in the past two weeks in spam mail -- but not one single piece could be attributed to my Yahoo! Groups long standing membership.

I've been your 4SQRP list administrator (owner, moderator, janitor, what have you) for quite a few years. It is time for me to move on in my life and let someone else have the fun. Mind you, I can count on one hand the total number of instances that were unpleasant for me. And I do appreciate and thank you for the many positive comments sent to me last month.

I would like to introduce the two 4sqrp members who will be co-owners and co-moderators from now on for this reflector:

Tim, N9PUZ, who has been an emergency back up moderator in case I could not perform the duties. (He did have to step in while I was in Panama over a year ago and didn't bring the password with me!)

And Gary, W5REJ, who also stepped forward to volunteer to help.

I'm sure you will give them the same good behavior that you have shown me the past years.

Hope to see you at OzarkCon in a few weeks!

Don AE5K

Todd K7TFC

Many thanks, Don, for all your work!

73,

Todd
K7TFC / Medford, Oregon, USA / CN82ni / UTC-8
QRP (CW & SSB) / EmComm / SOTA / Homebrew / Design

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 10:34 AM, Don AE5K <donj@...> wrote:

[...]

Wayne Dillon

Thank you Don for all the hard work you've put in, it's really is much appreciated. I hope you can find time/energy to do some of the stuff you may have had to put aside recently. I wish you peace and prosperity and most of all the time to just "be".
72/3 es God Bless my friend de Wayne - KC0PMH

See you on the nets sometime?

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 12:34 PM, Don AE5K <donj@...> wrote:

[...]

QRP -  EFFICIENCY AND SKILL, NOT POWER.

The Lord bless you and keep you

God Bless from Wayne Dillon - KC0PMH

Joshua 24:14-15
2 Cor 5:17
1 Jn 2:17

4 State QRP Group NCS - 40m & 160m
4SQRP #95
FPQRP #342 (Flying Pigs QRP Club)
G-QRP-C #11504
NAQCC # 0759
QRP-ARCI #11505
SKCC #1155
SOC #848
30MDG#1176
NEQRP #693
GORC #192

David Martin <davemrtn@...>

Woody Hester

For what it's worth coming from one little old 4SQRPer (living in the fifth state of Illinois), a huge thanks to Tim and Gary for taking this on.  I love this list, this group & am grateful to all the volunteers who help make all of this so much fun! / Woody / WD9F

Mike-WE0H

Take care Don. Thanks for a awesome Group ;)

Mike
WE0H

Wayne Dillon

Amen to that Brother, Amen indeed.
72/3 es God Bless de Wayne - KC0PMH

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 3:17 PM, Woody Hester <fghester@...> wrote:

[...]

Virgil R. Hammond <n0tgr@...>

Tnx Don for a job well done,, Dick N0TGR